Westat IT Systems Support - Part-time in Cambridge, Massachusetts
Job ID 14716BR
Job Title IT Systems Support - Part-time
Location MA - Cambridge
Career Area Research - Survey Support
Job Status Part-Time
Job Description Our Cambridge, MA office has an immediate opening for a part-time IT Systems Support person. The role of IT Systems Support assists in the installation, maintenance, and general support of systems. They assist users with questions or problems. They may also help perform system backups and recovery and install new software.
Job Duties :
· Manage patches/upgrades of all systems
· Creation, cloning, and deletion virtual systems
· Assist in making/keeping systems in FISMA compliance
· Assist in the decommission of old systems and data destruction
· Create yearly audit reports under guidance of system administrator
· Monitor software licensing
· Assist in managing storage devices/making sure weekly backups are run consistently.
· General IT support for systems in JEN enclave.
· Assist in any IT project that the IT manager assigns
· Assistance in system migrations (old physical Systems to new virtual systems)
· Data intake logging
· Bringing hard drives or media to co-location in Somerville, MA
· A High School Diploma or GED is required to apply
· Must be able to work part-time (20 hours/week)
· Have 1-3 years' experience in IT support.
· Experience with some networking skills (e.g. static IP, DHCP, DNS)
· Must be located in the Boston metropolitan area - Westat will not provide relocation expenses for this assignment
· Must have a reliable means of transportation
· Must be able to get to Somerville, MA as a routine part of the job
Preferred Qualifications for this position :
· Bachelor's degree or its equivalent in an IT-related field
· Proven ability to install, troubleshoot, and maintain Microsoft Windows (7, 8, 10) and windows server 2012, 2016
· Proven ability of working with VMware
· Excellent written and verbal communication Skills
· Excellent customer service and documentation skills
· Self-motivated and directed
· Proven knowledge of Microsoft Office Products
· Knowledge of RAID
· Basic malware and virus remediation tactics
These assignments are temporary, hourly positions. Benefits are based on hours worked and tenure.
Any offer of employment may be contingent upon receipt of acceptable results from a post-offer background screening, if required for the position, based on the specific position which may include, for example, identity verification, employment history, or criminal records history.
Westat is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, or any other classification protected by Federal, state, or local.